D101 is a polystyrene-type non-polar adsorption resin, the adsorption mechanism is van der Waals force adsorption. The resin has a large specific surface area and a large pore size, and is suitable for adsorbing various hydrophobic substances in the extraction of traditional Chinese medicine. The adsorption capacity is large, the elution is easy, and the adsorption kinetic performance is good. It is stable to heat, organic solvents and acids and alkalis under general use conditions, so it has a long service life. It does not adsorb sugars, inorganic acids, alkalis, salts, and small-molecule hydrophilic organic substances, so it can separate common Chinese medicine components from these substances. The performance of this resin is comparable to Amberlite XAD-4 and Diaion HP-20.
Appearance: Milky white spherical particles
Specific surface area: 600~700 m2/g
Particle size range: 0.3~1.25 mm
Average pore size:————
Wet apparent density:0.6~0.72 g/ml
D101 resin has a wide range of uses. There are many successful application examples in the extraction of natural medicine components, such as:
- Separation and Purification of Pueraria Flavonoids Pueraria lobata extract solution with a total flavonoid content of 51.2% is adsorbed with D101 resin and eluted with 70% ethanol to obtain pueraria flavonoids with a total flavonoid purity of 90% (the table below). The effect is obviously better than the polyamide adsorption method and the n-butanol extraction method.
|Method||Extract volume after purification||Total flavonoids after purification||Purity of total flavonoids||Yield of total flavonoids|
|N-butanol extraction||4.86||4.03||82. 9||77.2|
- Examples of adsorption and separation of saponin
- Jujube saponins: D101 resin has an adsorption capacity of 22.4 mg/g of jujube saponins. It is washed with 30% ethanol and then eluted with 70% ethanol to obtain a solid content of 28% of saponins.
- Mogrosides: D101 and AB-8 have a large adsorption capacity for mogrosides. The adsorption capacity based on dry resin is above 450 mg/g, and the desorption rate is above 95%.
- Anthraquinones: Adsorb the hypericin in the ethanol crude extract of Hypericum perforatum with D101 resin column, and elute it step by step with different concentrations of ethanol. The hypericin is mainly present in 60% and 80% ethanol eluates The desorption rate of the 80% ethanol eluate is 81.3%, and the total hypericin content is 2.13%.
- Acid and alkaline substances:
① Extraction of chlorogenic acid:
a. Extract chlorogenic acid from honeysuckle with ethanol. The concentration of the filtrate is 0.25g/ml. It is adsorbed by D101 macroporous adsorption tree column at a flow rate of 1~3ml/min, and eluted with 4BV of water. The mass fraction can reach 65.12% The extraction rate of chlorogenic acid is 85%.
b. Extract chlorogenic acid from sunflower meal with water-containing ethanol, and then concentrate to remove alcohol, acid precipitation, ethyl acetate extraction and concentration to obtain crude chlorogenic acid, and then use D101 macroporous resin to further purify the crude chlorogenic acid to obtain more than 92% The high purity chlorogenic acid.
② Extraction of Corydalis alkaloids:
The water extract of Corydalis alkaloids is adsorbed on resins such as D101, washed with water and 40% ethanol, and eluted with 95% ethanol. The elution peak of D101 resin has a shorter tail.